StableKing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
StableKing

If you need to know heres where the answers are.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ummh two real life horse Q's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilly

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Ummh two real life horse Q's Empty
PostSubject: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi guys
1st Q If a horse is pigen toed young but not lame or stumbleing, will it cause future issues when she gets older.

2nd the horse I want is a 4yr old regestered breeding stock paint. sorrel and shes calmest horse in the world (you can backflip off her) I like the name Bella Sarah (Italian and don know if spelled right lol) Well open to suggestions for other names!!
Thanks
Lilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?&user=webmaster1
BlueDuckParkNZ

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 8:37 am

we had a pigeon toed harness horse (pacer).

with harness horses is can cause them to knock their knees a lot when racing at speed. so we had to use a spreader bar and spreaders to avert this problem.

i think it's only a problem if they are racehorses & are going to go at speed.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 pm

did your horse founder when he got older?? my pony was fondered and we DONT wanna nother horse to founder again.
Back to top Go down
BlueDuckParkNZ

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 11:49 pm

well it was a racehorse and it injured itself in a race when it was a 7yo, but another horse checked it and it nearly fell over.

we couldn't wait the length of time required for it to heal as it was a 7yo & had only won 2 races. So we bred a couple from here, but they weren't much good.

We ended up giving her away to a guy who breeds farm hacks.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 3:10 am

thanks!
we're gonna go look at the horse again 2morrow. We are most likely going to get her as long as her legs wont hurt her when she gets older.
I appriciate your help - espcially the part you said that racing would be an issue. Thank you!!!!!
-Lilly
Back to top Go down
Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 4:12 am

we got her!!! Laughing Smile Very Happy
I now need names
Ive got sort of a trdition by nameing horses after places (Like Marin California and Cheyenne Wyoming) So names are fine but place names are prefered! lol!

thanks!
Back to top Go down
new hope stables

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 9:40 pm

pigem toed horses .. umm well they can race and drive and jump and userly it ok .. just there not a valuebul .. and be areful of clam horses dont sneek up on them treat them as you would if it was a nerves horse .. or you could end up in hospital lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ummh two real life horse Q's   Ummh two real life horse Q's Empty

Back to top Go down

Ummh two real life horse Q's
Page 1 of 1