StableKing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
StableKing

If you need to know heres where the answers are.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for a few new horses!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
holmesracing

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Looking for a few new horses! Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a few new horses!   Looking for a few new horses! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 8:40 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a couple 1st gen colts and fillies. I'm new to this site so i can't spend a whole bunch.

I currently have a for sale a stallion by the name of Rasta Men Prince he's won 56,690,400 in earnings, he does well in 18F, I prefer sprints so i'm putting him up for sale maybe a trade?

I also have a question for you vet's does generation breeding really improve the horse?
Back to top Go down
BlueDuckParkNZ

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few new horses!   Looking for a few new horses! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 10:12 am

yes, it sure does. two of my three stables are struggling and they won't improve until i breed 1st generation or 2nd generation horses.

but right now i wouldn't worry too much about the fact you might be struggling. groups 1 and 2 are all in one group and it's going to be split into two separate games at the end of this month. that will make winning easier as the field sizes will drop noticeably.
Back to top Go down
holmesracing

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few new horses!   Looking for a few new horses! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Thats good to hear, i've done almost everything to try and get them to win but its been a struggle.

SO when it comes to breeding should all the mares you breed have earnings? Is it better to have your own stallion or just breed with other stables
Back to top Go down
BlueDuckParkNZ

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few new horses!   Looking for a few new horses! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 11:31 pm

when you breed you need to breed on the times from the bottom line in the original speed ratings. You match numbers that are different....e.g

11.1 12.2 11.8 12.5 etc
11.8 11.4 12.1 11.7 etc try and get it like this sire and mare
as there will be more improvement.

don't breed horses like this
12.1 11.8 13.2 11.7 etc
12.0 11.7 13.1 11.6 etc...the speed for each furlong is too close and the breed won't improve.

I always match for the first 16 furlongs of each horse breed the ones with the lest matchings (none, 1 or 2 at the most)
Otherwise I find one of the boards to breed with if I don't have any of my own that fit that criteria.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few new horses!   Looking for a few new horses! Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a few new horses!
Page 1 of 1