StableKing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
StableKing

If you need to know heres where the answers are.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Training for 5K's?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HorseSlave

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Training for 5K's? Empty
PostSubject: Training for 5K's?   Training for 5K's? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi Y'all, I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to train for shorter races. I have some really nice horse with low 10's in their early furlongs and they should be doing really well but I'm not quite getting the hang of it. Say you have a 5F race and your horse is 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.5 10.5 and his IS is comparable, should I use all 100 training points on those 5 furlongs or is 20 points a furlong too much? I'm doing pretty good in long races but would like to get competitive in 5F-10F's too....
Fantasy Farms
Back to top Go down
willowbrooke

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Training for 5K's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training for 5K's?   Training for 5K's? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 am

for training, i usually do 5 points for each type of ground, and put more points on the higher SR
Back to top Go down
Poulton

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Training for 5K's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training for 5K's?   Training for 5K's? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Dont mix up points on fround training and srs training, heres a tip for 5 furlong have atleast one 0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training for 5K's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training for 5K's?   Training for 5K's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Training for 5K's?
Page 1 of 1